New Delhi: Dengue is an infamous flu-like disease caused by the female mosquitoes of the Aedes aegypti species. The contributing factors of the risk of dengue include temperature, rainfall and relative humidity. It is most prevalent in the sub-tropical and tropical climate regions of the world.
The common symptoms of dengue include vomiting, severe headache, nausea, rashes, joint pains, pain behind the eyes, muscle pains and swollen glands. These symptoms, if not treated timely, can aggravate to complicated problems such as fatigue, blood in vomit, persistent vomiting, bleeding gums, restlessness, severe abdominal pain and rapid bleeding.
As there is no specific treatment of dengue available, the treatment of the disease includes rectifying and handling of the symptoms. Fortunately, there are a number of effective Ayurvedic home remedies for dengue.
Ayurvedic remedies for dengue fever
There are medications available that you can avail after getting it prescribed by a doctor. While being on medications, you can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies to catalyse the process of recovery. You can try the following options:
- Fenugreek: One of the benefits of fenugreek include it being a powerful painkiller. You can consume it by soaking fenugreek leaves in water overnight and drinking the strained liquid.
- Orange juice: Vitamin C can help in boosting the immune system. You can consume orange juice which will help strengthen the immunity system as well as provide hydration to the body.
- Neem leaves: The leaves of neem possess miraculous medicinal properties. It can contribute immensely to constraining the growth and spread of the virus. It can also help in increasing the white blood cell platelet and blood platelet count, promoting immunity boost. You can consume it by brewing it in some water and drinking the strained liquid.
- Papaya leaves: Papaya leaves have been a popular remedy for treating dengue for a very long time. It can help with the treatment of dengue by relieving symptoms of dengue in the patients and boosting immunity. You can consume it in the form of its juice by extracting it from its eaves and drinking it for at least twice a day.
- Coconut water: Dengue symptoms include vomiting. This can dehydrate the body. To prevent this from happening, you can include coconut water in your diet as it has incredible nourishment and hydration properties.