New Delhi: Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt has been admitted to Mumbai’s Lilavati hospital on Saturday (August 8) after he complained of breathing problems and chest discomfort. The actor, who was last seen in ‘Panipat’, tested negative for COVID-19 through a rapid antigen test. He has been kept in the non-COVID ICU ward under medical observation. The doctors gave an update about the ‘Khalnayak’ actor’s health and said that he is stable.
Sanjay Dutt’s swab samples have been taken for the RT PCR test and the results will come on Sunday (August 9).
“Sanjay Dutt has been admitted in Lilavati hospital in evening at around 4.00 pm. He had fluctuating oxygen Saturation level and chest discomfort. He was tested for Covid-19 through rapid antigen test, which came negative. A swab has been taken for RT PCR and the result will come tomorrow. He is admitted in non covid ICU ward as of now. Doctors are investigating further and conducting few tests. He is stable,” Chief Operating officer of Lilavati hospital, Dr V Ravishankar said in a statement.
Sanjay Dutt took to social media to inform his fans that he is expected to be discharged in a day or two. He also thanked the fans for their well wishes and blessings.
“Just wanted to assure everyone that I’m doing well. I’m currently under medical observation & my COVID-19 report is negative. With the help & care of the doctors, nurses & staff at Lilavati hospital, I should be home in a day or two. Thank you for your well wishes & blessings,” the actor tweeted.
Sanjay Dutt, who celebrated his 61st birthday last month, is currently living alone as his wife Maanayata Dutt and kids are currently out of the country. Maanyata and their children are stuck in Dubai due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The makers of ‘KGF Chapter 2’ had released his character poster from the film on his birthday. The ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ actor will be playing the main antagonist in the much-awaited movie co-starring Yash.
On the professional front, the ‘Kalank’ actor will be next seen in ‘Sadak 2’. The film co-starring Alia Bhatt, Pooja Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapoor will premiere directly on Disney+ Hotstar on August 28. The movie, which is the sequel to Dutt’s 1991 release ‘Sadak’, was originally slated to hit the silver screens last month. However, the makers decided to have a direct premiere on the web due to the COVID-19 crisis.
We wish Sanjay Dutt a speedy recovery.