Rhea Chakraborty’s Lawyer Issues Statement, Says ‘Unless Maharashtra Government Gives Consent, CBI Probe Is Illegal’

0
3

[ad_1]


The CBI on Thursday (August 6) took over investigation into Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s case and registered an FIR against Rhea Chakraborty, her parents Indrajit Chakraborty & Sandhya Chakraborty, brother Showik Chakraborty, Samuel Miranda, Shruti Modi, and unknown others. They have been booked under various sections of the IPC including abetment of suicide and wrongful restraint/confinement.

In an official statement, the agency said that the case will investigated by a special investigation team under Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad. The probe will be supervised by DIG Gagandeep Gambhir and Joint Director Manoj Shashidhar, an official told PTI.

Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde issued a statement and said that the CBI probe into the case would be illegal unless the Maharastra government gives their consent. He added that the Bihar government transferred a case where they had no ‘jurisdiction to investigate.’

“The Bihar Government transferred a case with which it had NO Jurisdiction to investigate , to CBI instead of The Mumbai Police , which is the legal position. The Honble Supreme Court is seised of the issue pursuant to the Transfer Petition filed by Rhea Chakraborty. The SC has directed all parties to file their replies and Mumbai Police are directed to place the report of investigations. Pending the said proceedings the CBI has registered and continued the illegality which was perpetrated at the hands of Bihar Police. CBI being a premier investigative agency in the country should desist from taking any further steps pending the SC proceedings. Apart from the same unless the Maharashtra Government consents to CBI investigating the case … it would be totally illegal and beyond any known legal principles , affecting the Federal Structure of the Nation,” the statement read.

Last month, Rhea Chakraborty shared a post on social media and requested Home Minister Amit Shah to intiate a CBI probe into SSR’s case. The ‘Chehre’ actress addressed the ‘Dil Bechara’ actor as her boyfriend for the first time in her post.

“I’m Sushant Singh Rajput’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, it is now over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government, however in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI enquiry…. I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step,” Rhea tweeted.

Sushant’s case took a new turn last month when his father KK Singh filed an FIR against Rhea Chakraborty and five other at Patna’s Rajiv Nagar Police station. He accused the ‘Mere Dad Ki Maruti’ actress of threatening his son and keeping him away from his family.

In his six-page long FIR, KK Singh said that Rhea used Sushant to further her career in the film industry. He alleged that Rs 15 crore were transferred from the ‘Raabta’ actor’s bank accounts to other accounts which were not related to him.

Watch this space for more updates!

[ad_2]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here