When working on a weight loss plan, it is always a wise approach to adopt natural methods rather than quick artificial ones. Read to know about how jeera and dhania and help you with weight loss.
Jeera water vs Dhania water for Weight loss
New Delhi: Weight loss diets can be extremely difficult to keep up with. Restricted food options may also end up being frustrating. Instead of opting for medications, adopting home remedies for weight loss can prove to be equally beneficial and have an added advantage of having zero side effects. Jeera (cumin) water and dhania (coriander) water have been a popular choice for people working on weight loss.
However, the floor for the ongoing debate about which one out of the two will be more effective is still open. Here we will talk about the benefits of both and decide which one out of the two emerged victoriously.
Jeera and its benefits for weight loss and health
Jeera, commonly known as cumin, is an important spice in every Indian household. It is full of aroma and flavour. But most importantly, it is enriched with health benefits. It can contribute considerably to weight loss and help manage the blood sugar levels as well as boost immunity. It helps with weight loss in the following ways:
- It is low in calories and adding it to the meals does not have any significant effect on the intake of calories.
- It helps in digestion by promoting pancreatic enzymes. Furthermore, the salivary glands are stimulated with the help of a compound called thymol that is found in cumin. This promotes the breakdown of complex nutrients such as sugar, proteins and fat.
- It is believed that an increased metabolism can help burn calories. Cumin can help boost metabolism as it is a rich source of minerals and vitamins.
- It also has detoxification properties and can help the body get rid of toxins.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and can help prevent obesity that is induced by inflammation.
Preparing cumin water: You can prepare cumin water according to your preference. One method of preparation includes soaking 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds in a glass of water overnight, draining the water the next morning and drinking it on an empty stomach after mixing 1 tsp of honey in it.
Dhania and its benefits for weight loss and overall health
Dhania, commonly known as coriander, is a significant part of the diet in most Indian households. Since ancient times, it is being used and acknowledged because of its health benefits. It has been considered as one of the effective methods to lose weight in a healthy way.
- It has detoxification properties.
- Coriander contains quercetin that can help boost metabolism.
- It is low in calories.
- It helps to boost the digestive system that can help immensely with weight loss because a bad digestive system can result in a lack of absorption of nutrients.
Preparing coriander water: There are many ways in which you can prepare coriander water. Two of which include:
- Overnight preparation: This includes putting some coriander leaves in bottled water and leaving it in the refrigerator overnight. You can drink it the next morning.
- Juicing the leaves: This includes chopping 1 cup of coriander leaves and grinding it in a grinder, mixing it well in a cup of water and drinking it every morning.
The bottom line is a healthy, balanced diet combined with regular exercise can help you lose weight and keep it off. Both cumin and coriander, if used along with a healthy diet, may aid weight loss and provide additional health benefits to the body. You can choose the spice you wish to opt for according to your preference.