We’re about to drop a new level into rotation!!!
Jump Showdown – A fan-favourite from the beta!
We’ll be adding it in our first update TOMORROW!
Patch-notes in the thread
More new levels will be coming soon – along with new features & costumes pic.twitter.com/zQ4hOI70MP
— Fall Guys (@FallGuysGame) August 11, 2020
The update will also fix issues in specific minigames, change the odds for which game gets selected in the final round, resolve some matchmaking issues, and more.
Here are the full patch notes, as posted on the Fall Guys Twitter:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only – Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
Fall Guys has seen an extreme level of popularity, especially after being featured as one of August’s free PS Plus games. Companies like KFC and Walmart are trying to get in on the Fall Guys action, posting their own Fall Guys costume designs online.
In our Fall Guys review, we say, “a collection of exciting minigames and a smattering of every colour under the rainbow makes Fall Guys a consistent delight, even if it can also be a frustrating one at times.”
For more, you can check out our ranking of every minigame in Fall Guys.
Logan Plant is a news writer for IGN, and the Production Assistant for Nintendo Voice Chat, IGN’s weekly Nintendo show. You can find him on Twitter at @LoganJPlant.