Brazen China again seeks to blame India for Pangong Tso incident, says PLA troops never crossed LAC

0
20
LAC
LAC

Indian Army sources have denied that during the August 29/30 incident, the troops from the two sides clashed.

New Delhi/Beijing: China on Monday continued with its blatant lies on the situation in eastern Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control, where a fresh confrontation took place between its troops and Indian Army soldiers.

Brazen China again seeks to blame India for Pangong Tso incident

The latest incident happened on the southern bank of Pangong Tso when People’s Liberation Army troops carried out ‘provocative military movements’ on the intervening night of August 29 and 30 but were thwarted by alert Indian Army soldiers posted there. It was reported that no soldier was injured in the incident.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry, however, again denied provoking Indian soldiers and appeared to blame India for the incident. “Chinese border troops never cross the Line of Actual Control. Two sides in communication regarding conditions on the ground,” the Chinese Foreign Ministry was reported as having said.

The Indian Army had earlier said that the PLA conducted “provocative military movements” to “unilaterally” change the status quo on the southern bank of Pangong Tso.

Army Spokesperson Col Aman Anand said in a statement:

“On the Night of 29/30 August 2020, PLA troops violated the previous consensus arrived at during military and diplomatic engagements during the ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo. Indian troops pre-empted this PLA activity on the Southern Bank of Pangong Tso Lake,

undertook measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change facts on ground. The Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and tranquility through dialogue, but is also equally determined to protect its territorial integrity. A Brigade Commander level Flag Meeting is in progress at Chushul to resolve the issues (sic).”

Indian Army sources have denied that during the August 29/30 incident, the troops from the two sides clashed. “So far, there has been no physical clash between Indian and Chinese troops near the southern bank of Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh,” Army sources said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here