Intermittent fasting is a diet method that people follow around the world. It has been proven to be healthy, not just for weight loss, but also generally for the body.
5 foods to include in your diet as you try to lose weight
New Delhi: Losing weight is not just about the vanity reasons, but it is about being and feeling healthy. Being overweight or being obese has been linked with various health issues, that can cause chronic diseases such as cancer, and type 2 diabetes. However, losing weight is not a cake walk, and one can find themselves confused with so many tips and options marketed as ways to lose weight.
Perhaps, losing weight in an unhealthy way, with fad and crash diets, and over-exerting yourself with workouts is even worse. Intermittent fasting is a diet method that people follow around the world. It has been proven to be healthy, not just for weight loss, but also generally for the body.
What is the intemittent fasting diet method?
This method focuses more on when you eat, instead of what you eat. There are many ways to practice intermittent fasting, but two of the most popular ones are 16:8 and 5:2.
During intermittent fasting, one is supposed to eat during certain times, and fast the other times. For instance, in the 16:8 diet pattern, people eat for the 8 hours during the day and fast themselves for the other sixteen. Similarly, in 5:2, people eat normally during the 5 days of the week, and fast during the other two.
5 foods to eat during intermittent fasting
Even as you follow intermittent fasting for weight loss, it is important to note that eating junk, or unhealthy food during the hours that you can eat will not lead to weight loss. It is also not healthy for your body generally. Here are 5 foods you must add to your diet during intermittent fasting to stay healthy and lose weight quickly.
- Whole grains – Whole grains are one of the best sources of fibre and other nutrition. They are recommended to be consumed on a weight loss diet so that they help to fill you up, and you do not feel hungry during the hours of fasting.
- Nuts and seeds – Nuts and seeds are a healthy, weight-loss friendly snack. They also add fibre to your meals. You can have some nuts like almonds and walnuts if you feel hungry mid-meals, and can also add seeds like chia seeds in your smoothies and shakes to add more nutrition to them.
- Eggs – Eggs are power-packed with protein, which makes them a great food to add to your diet. Protein helps to fill you up and stay satiated. They are also low in calories and contain healthy fats, which is great for weight loss.
- Fruits – Fruits such as berries, pears, apples, and bananas are great for weight loss. They are natural sources of sugar and contain several antioxidants. They are also a good source of fibre which ensures that the nutritional requirements of your body are met, but at the same time, you stay satiated.
- Leafy vegetables – Leafy vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, and others are full of fibre and nutrients. Vegetables are a great way to fill you up, and stay healthy overall.